In the world of law, injury can be classified into two broad types. The first kind is injury to property, which is the destruction or damage of property due to negligence or malice. The other kind of injury is personal injury. This term can be defined as injury to the body, mind, emotions, etc. due to the same kind of negligence or malice. It is very important to know more about the types of accidents.
If you or a loved one is involved in an accident, then you should take charge and acquire the services of a personal injury lawyer. They will be able to provide you with the legal guidance and assistance necessary to receive proper compensation. Here are some of the personal injury accidents you should know about.
- Medical Malpractice: When medical professionals like doctors, surgeons, nurses, etc. are negligent, there can be devastating consequences. In some unfortunate cases, medical professional negligence can result in lasting injury and event death. There are various kinds of medical malpractices as well – such as misdiagnosis, pharmacy errors, surgical errors, ethical errors, etc. If you have been a victim of medical malpractice, you should aggressively pursue a campaign to receive compensation.
- Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA): Did you know that on an average, 3 million people are injured every year due to a motor vehicle accident? Out of these 3 million people, more than two-thirds receive some kind of permanent injuries. Every year, millions of people suffer from injuries and trauma due to the negligent driving practices of some careless individuals. This is a major component of most personal injury cases.
- Workplace Accident: A workplace accident is a situation where a person suffers from an injury while they are working for their employer. If the injury occurs due to negligence and carelessness on the part of the employer, then the employee can claim compensation and benefits. Workplace accidents occur very frequently and are a major aspect of personal injury cases. You should also remember that Workers’ Compensation laws vary state-wise.
- Products Liability: If you suffer from physical or mental injury because of a defective and harmful product, then you can pursue a compensation claim using the products liability channel. This is one of the most active and largest elements of general personal injury cases. Improper warnings, ambiguous instruction manuals, etc. can result in injury and even death. If you have experienced this, you should take charge and demand compensation.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability is a type of personal injury accident that is applicable when you are injured while you are visiting premises owned by someone else. For example, if you fall down the stairs because there is no hand railing in place, then you are entitled to compensation and damages. If you’ve been involved in an accident somewhere due to owner negligence, you deserve to be fully compensated.
These are basically the main kinds of personal injury accidents that you should be careful about. If you or a loved one of yours suffer in any way due to the above reasons, you should contact an experienced attorney immediately.