Commercial locks are a significant investment for any business. They provide an essential layer of security that protects your employees, inventory, and customers from theft or injury. With so many different lock types on the market, finding the best commercial locks for your store can be challenging. That’s why we created this guide—to help you make informed decisions about which type of commercial locks will work best for your business!
What To Consider
When shopping for commercial locks, it’s essential to consider the level of security you need. If your store is high-traffic or contains valuable inventory, you’ll need a higher level of protection than if your store is low-traffic or carries less expensive items. It is always advisable to only source your commercial locks from reputable suppliers. Here are some factors to consider when choosing commercial locks:
- The Level of Security Required: Consider the level of security required for your store. If it’s high-traffic or contains valuable items, you’ll need a higher level of protection than if it’s low-traffic or carries less expensive items.
- The Type of Door: Commercial locks are available in different types to fit all kinds of doors, including keyed, keyless, and electronic locks.
- The Size of the Door: Make sure to purchase a lock that’s the right size for your door. Locks come in different sizes to fit all types of doors.
- The Functionality Requirements: Consider how the locks will be used. Will employees need to be able to access the store after hours? Will customers have to enter and exit freely during business hours?
- The Number of Locks Needed: When choosing locks, think about how many you’ll need. Depending on your needs, you may only want one lock for your door or multiple.
Types Of Commercial Locks
Commercial locks come in different styles and types to fit all kinds of doors. The best lock for your store will depend on your specific needs.
- Conventional Locks: Conventional locks are the most common type of lock in keyed and keyless models.
- Smart Locks: Smart locks are electronic locks that can be opened with a keypad, fingerprint scanner, or other means. They’re perfect for businesses that need to restrict access after hours.
- Retrofit Smart Locks: Retrofit smart locks are designed to replace existing conventional locks. They’re available in keyless and keyed models, with the option of biometric fingerprint scanners.
- High-Security Locks: High-security commercial locks provide a high level of protection against theft and vandalism. They offer increased durability over traditional lock types because they use thicker materials for their construction.
The safety and security of your business are essential, and it is imperative to choose commercial locks that will provide the proper protection for your company. If you’re unsure which type of lock is right for you, you can:
- Contact a Locksmith: A locksmith is familiar with all types of commercial locks and can help you choose the best one for your business.
- Contact a Business Security Expert: You can also contact a business security expert if you need further assistance choosing the right lock type. They are knowledgeable about different protection measures, including which lock will provide adequate safety for your specific business needs.